Monday, July 19, 2010

I am so excited !

I got an email this morning from the Australian Visa centre here in Rosebank, Johannesburg. At first I was a bit worried, because they said 10 working days for procession of my visa, and today is 5 days.
My eyes scrolled down the lines until I saw the words - Ready for collection !!!

I am SO EXCITED and will take time off later today to collect my passport.

But here at work, everything is like 'normal'! ( Maybe I am abnormal, and perhaps the reason why I do not fit in with them, or shall I say, a reason why I decided to leave the company )
Everybody is talking about what they should bring tomorrow for 'my farewell breakfast'. What do I care?

One girl will bring either muffins or porridge ( depending on her mood tomorrow ) The other one will bring cereal, and another one said she will bring cornflakes. Romain do not have anything in his apartment, so it is 'a bit of a problem for him'.

Then I got an email from the secretary saying that I am the 'guest of honour' - so no need for me to bring anything ( it wasn't my plan to bring anything ) My word!! I have NEVER seen anything like this!

But let me carry on with my work and focus on the more 'positive' things! Todat is the second last day, because tomorrow is my last working day at AFD. I do not think I will miss any of the people here, because a new life is about to enfold, and I will make new friends soon. All of these people will be 'all forgotten'

But for those dear to me - people like my Facebook friends - will not be forgotten!

Have a wonderful day. Until next time

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds good & exciting!!we will not forget you as you are a friend to many of us. What counts, is that you live your dream!!
    "Bon vent" & enjoy the adventure, the island, the job,& the sailing!! Manuia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne. Perhaps one day soon you will be doing the same and live your dream!

    ReplyDelete